Buying a condo can be an exciting and confusing time. Although you may not know it, condo insurance differs significantly from homeowner’s insurance. The team at Marchionne Insurance specializes in condo insurance; we will explain the differences and construct a plan that ensures you have the coverage you require to protect you and your belongings. We work with condo owners in Greater Boston, Quincy MA and throughout the South Shore of Massachusetts.
A Marchionne Insurance representative will help you understand how a master insurance policy, held by the condo association, may only cover a portion of your condo. For example, your condo master insurance policy most likely does not cover your personal assets or anything inside your condo unit. In addition, your master policy may not cover any damages or repairs within your unit. Typically, a condo master insurance policy only covers your condo complex, your building structure and the exterior of your unit. That is why having the proper personal coverage is so important.
Call Marchionne Insurance today to speak with a condo insurance expert about safeguarding your investment.
Condo Insurance Coverage
A typical condo insurance policy will cover:
- Permanent fixtures inside your condo
- Personal property inside or outside of your condo (such as a bike)
- Theft, fire, or vandalism of your condo
- Hotel, restaurant or similar expenses you may incur in the event that your condo is unusable due to covered loss
- Legal responsibility or court expenses you may incur in the event that you are sued for bodily injury or property damage as a result of your negligence
- Medical payment to others for injuries that occur at your condo or are caused by you or your pet